Friday, January 18, 2013

Upcycling Cardboard Box

I promised I would post more of the projects I am working on (or at least more often!).  For over a year now I have had a perfect box that I have used to store my Glimmer Mists in.  Sick of looking at it in its original form (it was the box our GPS came in), I decided it was time to do something with it.  I just thought I would share how the box progressed!  I think it turned out quite nicely and while I would change the adhesive I used originally, I am quite pleased with it! 

Original box, cut-down (top flaps removed)

Interior of box painted with pink acrylic (notice that the Modge Podge used to seal interior is still wet!)

Front of box

Box finished and returned to storing treasures! 
By the way, Pattie, my partner in the Tip-In Envelope exchange at Paper Traders loved the envelope that she received in the post below so that is good news!  I have to say I should have made one for myself as well.  Isn't that always the way it goes?

Glitter and Roses,
Misti

1 comment:

Susan said...

This is lovely! Much nicer than looking at a post office mailer!